Just announced! Cooperative Wisdom is a winner in the Self Help Category for the International Excellence Mind, Body Spirit Awards.
Cooperative Wisdom is also honored to have won the following awards:
Cooperative Wisdom explains how cooperation breaks down in settings from boardrooms and family rooms to volunteer organizations and public agencies. Written as a spirited exchange between an acclaimed ethicist and an inquisitive journalist, the book introduces five social virtues that crack open stubborn problems and reveal cooperative solutions:
- Proactive compassion anticipates and responds to vulnerability.
- Deep discernment uncovers bedrock values.
- Intentional imagination expands our sense of what’s possible.
- Inclusive integrity reworks cooperative structures so everyone can thrive.
- Creative courage embraces the risks of engagement.
Readers will learn specific practices that nurture and reinforce these virtues. Using lively examples from history, current events, family life, even scripture, Cooperative Wisdom equips readers to transcend conflicts and strengthen the communities on which human happiness depends.
Who should read Cooperative Wisdom:
- Parents, spouses, and siblings who want more harmonious families
- Teachers, social workers, healthcare professionals, and government officials who face stubborn conflicts, often over resources
- Managers, CEOs, HR staff, and employees who want a happier and more productive workplace
- Volunteers and leaders of nonprofits and faith communities who must unite around a common purpose
- Architects, administrators and board members who envision environments in which cooperation can flourish
- Citizens fed up with the politics of blame